- What are box office hours at Metropolis for walk in customers? Our Box Office is open Monday through Saturday, 10am-6pm, and 1 hour before our ticketed shows. The Box Office stays open throughout intermission
- Are tickets refundable? All ticket sales are final. No refunds or exchanges are permitted. Please call the Box Office for subscriber exchanges.
- What form of payment do you accept? The Box Office accepts cash, credit/debit cards or checks. Please no bills larger than $20.00 if possible.
- How can I avoid the ticket processing fee? The ticket processing fee applies when purchasing tickets online or over the phone, but can be avoided by visiting the Box Office in person.
- I forgot my tickets, or have lost them. Can you help me at the Box Office? Tickets can be reprinted at the Box Office the night of the performance.
- How can I use a gift certificate purchased at Metropolis? Gift certificates can be redeemed over the phone or in person at the Box Office. Gift certificates may not be redeemed online.
- Do you have accommodations for people of all abilities? Wheelchair-accessible seating is available. Please inform the Box Office of any need for accessible seating at the time of ticket purchase. If it is not mentioned at the time of purchase, accessible seating cannot be guaranteed.
- Do you offer group discounts? Yes, group discounts are available for groups of ten or more for select performances. Call 847-577-5982 x228 for details, or visit our "Groups" tab to submit a group package request.
- Do you offer discounts for seniors, children, etc., and do kids need a ticket even if
a parent holds them? Senior and children/student discounts are available for select shows. Please visit the website or call the box office for further information. Children under the age of 2 who sit on an adult's lap during a performance will not need their own ticket.
- For sold out shows, do you sell standing room only access? Once a show is sold out, a waiting list may be created in the event additional seats become available. Guests will be contacted on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is no standing room only seating at Metropolis.
- Where is Metropolis Performing Arts Centre? Metropolis is located in the heart of Chicago's northwest suburbs in downtown Arlington Heights near the intersection of Campbell Street and Vail Avenue (111 W. Campbell). Get driving directions on Google Maps here.
- Where can I park? Free parking is available on the street and in the garage behind the theatre. There are two entrances to the garage, one on Vail Avenue and one on Highland Avenue, each between Sigwalt & Campbell Streets. Street parking is two hours, and the parking garage is four hours on the first floor. Please obey all posted signs in the garage.
For official parking regulations visit the Village of Arlington Heights Website
- Do you have any area restaurant recommendations? There are many great restaurants within walking distance of Metropolis, including Peggy Kinanne's Irish Restaurant & Pub, Francesca's Tavola and Mago Grill & Cantina. Click Here for more restaurant choices.
- When can we enter the theatre on event nights? The lobby is open Monday through Saturday, 10:00am-6:00pm. Seating begins 15-20 minutes prior to curtain time.
- What if I'm running late to a show? Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the house manager. Please arrive on time to avoid distracting the performers on stage and other audience members. Actors may use the aisles during performances, so latecomers may need to wait until the aisles are clear, and will be seated by the house manager or an usher.
- Is your bar cash only? Yes, the service bar is cash only for all beverage sales at this time. Please no bills larger than $10.00 if possible.
- Do you sell food? Concessions are not available, as food is not allowed in the theater. Our service bar serves beer, wine, soda, bottled water, hot chocolate and tea. Patrons may enjoy beverages in the theater that are purchased at our service bar.
- Can I bring in my own water bottles, other beverages, or food? Patrons may enjoy beverages in the theater that are purchased at our service bar. Food is not allowed in the theater.
- Are your shows age restricted? No, Metropolis shows are not age restricted - Guardians are responsible for determining if show content is suitable. Please visit the show page or call the box office for each individual performance to determine what age ranges performances are recommended for.
- What are the rules for photography? Recording devices of any kind (including but not limited to video recorders, cameras, or sound recorders) are not allowed in the theatre. To record any portion of a performance without the written permission of the management is prohibited by law. Anyone recording a performance at Metropolis will be asked to leave the performance.
- How big is the theater? Our theater has 309 seats, with 20 General Admission seats and removable cabaret tables. The last row of seating is only 40 feet from the stage.
- Does Metropolis have assisted listening devices? Yes, headphones are available at the Box Office. Metropolis also offers a T-coil Hearing Loop: for more information, click here.
- What are Metropolis performance policies? During the performance, make sure all cell phones, pagers, and alarms are turned off. Strollers and walkers must be stored during the performances. Please see House Management for assistance. Please respect your fellow audience members and the performers by not talking during the performance.
- Can I host my own event at Metropolis? Yes, Metropolis is available for your event, meeting or gathering, with a variety of rooms available for rent, including the main theater which seats 309 people and 3 breakout classrooms/meeting rooms which can seat 20-100 people each. Metropolis theatre rentals include a house technician and house manager to oversee each event's operations and needs. Metropolis also has an on-site bar, Green Room, and two dressing rooms available upon request. Visit our Rental page for more information.